I am not committing to making a list of a certain number of things each day. Some days I may only write one thing I'm thankful for, other days I may write several. Perhaps sometimes list the same thing twice (I daily thank the Lord for my wonderful husband and daughter!). There are no rules to this--except that every day for the next 30 days I will GIVE THANKS. Would you care to join me?
456. A wonderful Reformation Day
This year was the first year in over a decade that I have not helped to plan our reformation day celebration at church (it was a good thing, because I was sick that night and wouldn't have been able to do much anyway). I was excited about being an observer, because in the past I've been involved to the point that I couldn't get a good feel for what it was like to simply enjoy the evening. The highlight this year was a play written and directed by one of the young men at the church. It was absolutely fantastic (and just a tad bit crazy!). If I can I'll post the video of it, but in the meantime, here are a few pictures:
|My hubby was Martin, and had a good time getting into the spirit of the play|
|Two sisters--Grace and Hope--playing Kathryn Von Bora (L) and random nun companion (R)|
457. Hubby reading to Tirza a poem he wrote himself
458. Tirza being willing to snuggle when that's all the energy I had time for
459. Spending (most) of the day without a sore throat
460. Energy to do some housework!
461. A whole case of scrapbooking things to go through--treasure hunting!
462. Hubby doing the dishes for me after dinner