- Get dressed in something that makes you feel great
- Sit down and make a list of no more than 5-7 specific things you want to accomplish today.
- Complete your morning routine
- Set the timer for 15 minutes and do a quick-clean of your bathroom.
- Clean out underneath your beds and furniture. Remove clutter and trash and put it away or throw it away. Move the furniture (if possible) and vacuum underneath.
- Find 7 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.
This morning was a slow start because we very late night last night (we were up a good hour or two later than usual). Without the challenge I probably would have been in my PJs a lot later than 9:00, but as it was I was up and moving around (although slowly) at a good time.
Here is a fuzzy snapshot of my "to do" list:
As you can see, I didn't exactly stick to the "5-7" things limit. But I've found that putting a number of steps down that can be checked off is much more effective for me than only putting down major tasks. I've always been a list gal, and I love the feeling when I can scratch something off my list. Checking off 5 bigger things from my list isn't as satisfying to me as checking off 10 smaller things. So... I tend to have longer lists. :-)
I did clean the bathrooms, it was a quick clean but they look much better now than they did! I also did a series of 15 minute blitzes on several other areas of the house. This worked so well yesterday that I decided to give it another try. Again--it worked great! The house is measurably improving.
And there is my pile of things to get rid of. Again, I'm working on clearing out the excess in our master closet. I'd expected my hubby to keep his old choir polos for sentimental reasons, but when I asked him he just wanted to keep the one that still fit. Guess I'm the sentimental one. :-P