Monday, April 11, 2011
Life songs--1000 gifts
It's Monday. Another Monday. I woke up this morning--or rather, didn't quite wake up--and made French toast for my man for breakfast. I wasn't unthankful. But I wasn't really thankful either. I just wanted to stay awake long enough to get to work. I wasn't living in the minute, I wasn't savoring each of those precious seconds that God has given me on this Earth--I wasn't milking every moment of the joy it has.
I didn't look around my home and see the order there--order that only was possible because God gave me the strength yesterday to work when I wasn't in the mood. I didn't look at my couch, where the laundry is neatly sorted and ready to be put away (a feat only accomplished by God's grace!!). I didn't look at the bread I sliced and wonder in awe that God had designed 6 ingredients forming a tiny little ball of dough to work together in such a way that it will feed my man and I bread for several days. Nor did I truly appreciate the creative gifting my God gave to man, made in his image, to make a machine that would work this wonder on those 6 ingredients while I slept last night.
I didn't look at the roses on my table, a present from my man for my birthday last week, and thank the Lord from the depths of my heart that he gave me a godly husband who loves and serves the Lord with his whole heart. I didn't look at the verse posted over the office door--John 3:16 in Ukranian--and thank God that he has given me the opportunity to share His love with a lost and dying world.
I wasn't complaining either... but was I really living life this morning as I groggily poured my Grade B organic maple syrup over my home made French toast? Was I really living life in the way God intended? As a song of praise to Him? As a joyful response to his Love?
No, I really wasn't. But the day is only half gone. May the rest of the day, Lord, be a song of praise to you. May the song of praise in my life inspire other praise-songs in the lives of every individual I come in contact with.
49. The forgiveness of my Savior
50. "Thy sins are forgiven... Go in peace." (Ref Luke 7:48-50)
51. The slight pinch of new shoes
52. watching pancake batter after adding soda
53. my own baby butter bell
54. The feel of a lusciously long broomstick skirt swishing at my ankles
55. A road trip with my husband and a good friend
56. Hearing a first concert
57. Bluebonnet fields
58. A loving, patient husband
59. A God whom I can trust with material things
60. Birthday wishes sung over the phone
61. helping my man with his Sunday school lesson
62. My husband, making my birthday dinner himself
64. A car break down that shows God's sovereignty
65. A good movie shared
66. A free book
67. Finding a kindred spirit to teach me to witness
68. Community group--growing!!!