This year is going to be a fairly pivotal one in my life. Marriage has put me into a totally new stage of life, and the possibility of parenthood adds an extra uncertainty to the events of this year. Perhaps in one year my husband and I will be living in the same place doing the same things we are doing now. Or maybe a year from now we'll have moved, have a baby, and be in a totally different place of ministry. Only God knows!
I'm looking forward to the adventure that is 2011, and I'm looking forward to finding out what God has in store for my husband and me. But sitting around and waiting for whatever happens isn't the way we should live our lives. As Christians we need to always be growing and learning. So, here are some goals that I have for the coming year. Some of these things will be a stretch for me but, Lord willing, I believe all of these should become a reality by next year.
*Memorize one verse a day--this can be out of any book but will be done with my husband. Tentatively we plan to start with Philippians and James.
*Have a regular quiet time--this year my focus will be on familiarizing myself with the Bible as a whole.
* Make one Christmas present a month
* Learn how to make Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day
* Exercise consistently--at LEAST 20 min a day, 3 days a week (I have more intense workouts in mind, but I need to start small)
* Blog regularly--2 or 3 times a week
* Maintain one date night a week, and one "at home" night a week.
* Do something daily to show love to my husband in a way he appreciates.
* Read 2 marriage books together.
* Practice hospitality once a month
* Have a sibling over to spend the night once a month
* Write at least two handwritten notes/letters a month
* Start "home groups" in our church
*Put 3 months of living expenses in our emergency fund